Toolfolks have taken a great deal of care to ensure that any personal information you send us remains totally confidential. Toolfolks respect the need to protect your privacy and information and commits to:
- Keep your personal information secure and only use it for the purposes as detailed below.
- Not sell your personal information.
- Provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Credit Card Information:
All credit card information is encrypted when it is transferred over the Internet using SSL Encryption via a payment processing provider and Toolfolks do not store any card information in any format.
Data Collection & Usage:
Information we collect from you will be in order to provide a quality customer experience and carry out contractual obligations for the purposes of fulfilling your order(s):
Sharing your information:
We may share information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your order, warranties, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and providing customer service. Examples of third parties we may share your data with include:
- Suppliers & manufacturers
- Payment service providers
- Marketing platform providers
- Data analysis platform providers
- External auditors
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Regulators and other authorities
All of our third parties only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they will not use it for other purposes. Furthermore, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by EU data protection laws.
Toolfolks are committed to the deterrence, prevention, detection and reporting of fraudulent activity and strive towards an ‘anti-fraud’ culture through all platforms of the business. Toolfolks will not tolerate any level of fraud or corruption and will treat any such event with the utmost severity.
Toolfolks has robust systems and procedures in regards to fraud prevention, detection and reporting and commits to:
- Implement security systems to prevent fraud by design including the use of SSL encryption on the Toolfolks website and stringent data protection policies and procedures
- Train ALL staff to be aware and vigilant of possible fraud to include a dedicated Fraud Team with specific responsibilities regarding investigation, reporting and recovery
- Implement a procedure for investigating and reporting fraud
- Ensure both alleged and proven fraud are dealt with in a consistent and timely manner
- Work in co-operation with the relevant authorities where applicable
- Keep records of proven fraud for the purpose of preventing further activity
How long we will keep your information:
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary in relation to the purpose it was originally collected/processed, although we may keep your data for longer if required for legal or regulatory reasons.
Automated Decision Profiling & Customer Profiling:
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have about you or your business. This helps us to make sure our decisions are quick, fair, efficient and correct, based on what we know. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we may offer you now or in the future.
We may place you in groups with similar customers. These are called customer segments. We use these to study and learn about our customers’ needs and to make decisions based on what we learn. This helps us to design products and services for different customer segments and to manage our relationships with them.
Accessing Your Information:
You may view the personal information we hold for you by logging in to your online account or request this in a different format by contacting us using the online contact form.
Keeping Your Information Up-to-Date:
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete and may do so by contacting us using the online contact form. If you do, we will liaise with you to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary. We may contact you from time-to-time to check the information we hold for you.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it.
If you want to object to how we use your data or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it, please contact us using our secure online contact form.
Links from this site to other sites:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Point of Contact:
For all queries regarding data protection, please contact:
Tel: 0161 222 4220
How to lodge a complaint:
Toolfolks strive towards excellent customer service and have stringent measures in place to protect your data, but in the event you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, you can contact us using our secure online contact form.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office and details on how to contact them can be found on their website https://ico.org.uk/ .